Malaga Christmas Lights 2023
Lifestyle – Malaga Christmas Lights 2023
The Malaga Christmas lights are considered to be one of the best in Europe. They are switched on in late November and stay up until early January. The main focus of the lights is Calle Larios, the main pedestrian street in Malaga. This street is lined with trees and lampposts, all of which are decorated with lights. There are also large light displays in the street, including a Christmas tree and a nativity scene.
In addition to Calle Larios, the lights are also put up in other parts of the city, such as the Plaza de la Merced, the Muelle Uno port, and the Gibralfaro castle. There are also light shows and projections on some of the city’s buildings, such as the Malaga Cathedral.
The Malaga Christmas lights are a popular tourist attraction. They are a great way to get into the festive spirit and enjoy the magic of Christmas in Malaga.
Here are some of the things you can do in Malaga during Christmas:
- Visit the Christmas markets: There are several Christmas markets in Malaga, selling traditional food, drinks, and gifts.
- Go ice skating: There is an ice rink in the Plaza de la Merced.
- See the light shows: There are light shows on the Malaga Cathedral and other buildings.
- Visit the nativity scenes: There are several nativity scenes in the city, including one in the Malaga Cathedral.
- Go caroling: There are caroling events in the city.
- Enjoy the Christmas atmosphere: The city is decorated for Christmas and there is a festive atmosphere.
If you are looking for a magical Christmas experience, Malaga is a great place to visit. The Christmas lights are a highlight of the season and there are many other things to see and do.
Here are the dates for the Malaga Christmas lights in 2023:
- Switch-on: Friday, 24 November 2023, at 7pm
- Duration: 40 days, until 6 January 2024
- Hours: 6:30pm to midnight (2am at weekends, 24th and 31st December and 5th January)
Here a few of my favourites taken with a galaxy s20 phone.